If you exit a group you don’t want to be in, all its members receive a notification that you left. But if you don’t want everyone knowing, in WhatsApp there is something you can do to leave the group without almost anyone noticing.
We’ve all been in a situation where we’re added to a group we didn’t want to be a part of. And if we abandon it, others will be notified that we left, which can be awkward. Today, I will show you how to leave that WhatsApp group without being seen by others.
Leave a WhatsApp group without anyone knowing
To leave a WhatsApp group unseen from your iPhone or Android device, follow the steps below:
1. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and go to the group you want to leave.
2. If you have an iPhone, swipe the group chat to the left and tap the Archive Chat option.
If you have an Android device, tap and hold the group chat, then select the Archive button in the upper right corner.
Group chat will now be archived, so you won’t receive notifications from them or even see them. If you still want to belong to that group, you would be ok to this step, but if you want to leave the group completely, continue with the next steps below.
3. Scroll to the top of your chats and tap on the Archived section.
4. Click on the group you want to leave.
5. Then click on the name of the group at the top, to open its settings.
6. Go down to the bottom and select the option Leave the group.
7. Now, on the confirmation message, push the Leave group button.
It says here that only group admins will be notified that you left the group, not other members.
As you see, this is the only possible way to leave a WhatsApp group without almost anyone noticing. The admin(s) will know, but it’s still better for everyone in the group to be notified.